Most of us include children among our fondest hopes and dreams.
But for many of you, whether because of age, infertility, or circumstance, giving birth to a child is not an option.
And as a same sex couple, you may have experienced other roadblocks in your journey to parenthood.
These scenarios can be devastating.
we told you that your dream of having a family does not have to end because of infertility or because of who you love?
we told you that many birthparents are willing to place their baby with a same sex couple but are simply never asked?
Connections Adoption Services, Inc.was founded in 1998 by Mary Guiseley. Like many, she struggled through infertility, and knows well the heartbreak and physical pain of the process. Mary and her husband decided that adoption was their answer, and in August 1992, they adopted their daughter, Jackie. Following that adoption, they went back to 18 more months of fertility treatments, but again, were unsuccessful. After waiting 10 months for a Caucasian infant, they decided to become a multi-racial family. In October 1995, they adopted their son, Aaron, a beautiful boy of African, Latino and Irish descent.
From day one, Connections has believed that adoption should be an option for everyone. Connections continues today with its goal of partnering with all qualified families in their desire to become parents.
Connections Adoption Services, Inc.offers a comprehensive program for navigating the adoption process.We are an adoption agency—a unique organization geared to offering the services and support most needed by all prospective parents. Our goal is to supply those services not typically offered by many adoption agencies by acting as educators and consultants before, during and after adoption. In addition, we act as advocates for same sex couples by asking each and every birthparent in our program to consider placing with these couples.
Our services include:
- Licensed home studies, home certifications and post-placement reports (for Maine families only).
- Assisting in the development of the birthparent letter and family profile, which then can be added to our many birthparent websites, as well as being sent out to birthparents.
- Finding the perfect adoption situation for your family through extensive advertising and birthparent screening.
- Helping you develop a successful relationship with the birth family.
- Parenting classes focusing on:
- Working with the birthparents through the adoption process and after.
- Parenting the adopted child.
- Meeting the needs of the older adoptee.